The Silver Century Foundation provides grants for projects that are building an age-friendly society where older people are a valued part of the mainstream. We fund ventures that:
- Combat ageism. We are particularly interested in countering negative stereotypes portrayed on screen and in the media.
- Help older people stay healthy and active. One of our primary focuses has been supporting strategies that improve community transportation.
- Identify financial insecurity in later years. We fund organizations that gather data on economic discrepancies as well as efforts to report these issues in the media.
The Silver Century Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals for funding at this time.
- Coming of Age in Aging America: The Story behind the Grant May 10, 2018 - Brace yourself. Devastation is nigh. The “silver tsunami” roars. As the large boomer generation ages, the percentage of older people in America will increase. This will bankrupt government programs, overwhelm… …
- The New Jersey Elder Index: The Story behind the Grant May 10, 2018 - Experts have been rolling their eyes at the federal poverty guidelines for years. The numbers are unrealistic; the formula they come from is outdated. But government is government. So, despite… …