- When Is It Time to Give Up the Car Keys? April 20, 2018
- Margaret Morganroth Gullette: Revolutionist against Ageism April 20, 2018
- How to Save Yourself and Those You Love During a Disaster April 20, 2018
- Emotional Contagion Is a Mixed Bag December 1, 2017
- Dementia in Films: Getting It Wrong November 8, 2017
- If Aging Is So Awful, How Come No One Wants to Be Younger? October 18, 2017
How much do you know about aging?
Take our quizzes to find out. What you learn from them may surprise you.
Liz Seegert shares the latest medical research, legislation and breakthroughs that can make a difference in your life.
Health experts are talking about…
…how drinking coffee may help us live longer.
…strategies for managing chronic pain.
…why having a regular doctor is important.
- Unforgiven - This is the masterpiece that escalated Clint Eastwood’s rise into the cinematic pantheon.
- Tokyo Story - Director Yasujirô Ozu’s domestic drama unfolds slowly; its emotional impact is timeless.
- My Mrs. Brown: A Novel - Mrs. Brown is a drab and proper widow, living an invisible existence picking up after others in a small-town beauty shop, where she hears everything and says nothing.
- And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer: A Novella - Just when you think you’ve read all of the books you’ll ever need on dementia and the long goodbye, along comes this glorious novella from Fredrik Backman, easily the best …
- How to Live: A Search for Wisdom from Old People (While They Are Still on This Earth) - Henry Alford takes readers along as he interviews people over 70 about the concept of wisdom.
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End - With increased longevity in the news, you don’t have to look hard to find a book about living better.
- The Hello, Goodbye Window - A preschool-age girl explains that she has named her grandparents’ cheery kitchen window the Hello, Goodbye Window because it’s where everyone says hello and goodbye.
- Pictures of Hollis Woods - By Patricia Reilly Giff - Wendy Lamb, 2002. A Newbery Honor Book. Hollis Woods is an 11-year-old orphan who loves to draw. She yearns for a real family but has run away from …