Intellectual Property Rights
(B) Your License to Foundation. By posting or submitting any material (including, without limitation, text, photos, and videos) to the Site, you represent and warrant: (i) that you are the owner of the material, or that the owner of the material has consented to your use of it; and (ii) that you are 13 years old or older. You will be solely responsible for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from any uploading, posting, or submission.
When you submit or post material, you grant to us the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display it (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology.
(C) Copyright Infringement. All rights in text, photographs, illustrations, artworks, and other graphic material are reserved to the Silver Century Foundation and/or the copyright owners. Prior permission to use, reproduce, or reprint any photograph, illustration, artwork, or other graphic material must be obtained from the copyright owner, regardless of the intended use. The text materials contained in this Site may be reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, or transferred, for single use, or by nonprofit organizations for educational purposes, if correct attribution is made to the Silver Century Foundation. The text materials contained in this Site may not be modified in any way.
The Silver Century Foundation is committed to full compliance with US copyright law on this Site. If you are a copyright owner and believe that material on this Site infringes your rights, please send written notice to the Silver Century Foundation, 301 N. Harrison Street, Suite 112, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org Include:
- Description of the copyrighted work or intellectual property
- Description of where the material is on this website
- Your contact information including address, telephone number, and, email address
- Statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner
- Signature of the person authorized to act
We maintain the right to cease and desist using the item in question on the website without further reparation.
Use of the Site and Interactive Areas
This Site may have Interactive Areas including, but not limited to, blogs, comments, and areas that allow uploading of user-generated content (the “Interactive Areas”). We do not control the messages, information, or files that you or others may provide through the Site. This Site, including its Interactive Areas, shall be used for lawful purposes only. You shall not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Site;
- Post or transmit any material that violates our rights or the rights of others, including, without limitation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, contract rights, or any other right;
- Use the Site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the Site or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of the networks we use to provide the Site;
- Use the Site in an unlawful, threatening, or abusive manner, including, without limitation, to promote racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Gain unauthorized access to the Site, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this Site, by means such as hacking, password mining, or other illicit means;
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information not intentionally made available through this Site;
- Post or transmit any vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including, without limitation, any transmissions that encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law;
- Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software, or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component;
- Post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material for commercial purposes;
- Engage in advertising or commercial solicitation of any product or service, or solicit donations of any kind on the Site, without our written consent; or
- Gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site.
We neither endorse nor are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement in the Interactive Areas of the Site. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage of any kind caused by reliance on information obtained through postings in the Interactive Areas of the Site. We are not responsible for any offensive, defamatory, or obscene posting made in the Interactive Areas of the Site. Neither we nor any third-party content provider shall assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by us or any third-party content provider with respect to any conduct, communication, or posting in the Interactive Areas of the Site.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are responsible for all activities (whether by you or by others) that occur under your password or account. You will notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. We assume no liability for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorized use of your password or account by a third party.
INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE AND ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. IT IS IN NO WAY INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, CURE, OR TREAT ANY MEDICAL OR OTHER CONDITION. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A HEALTH-CARE PROFESSIONAL FOR ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION. IN ADDITION TO ALL OTHER LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SILVER CENTURY FOUNDATION AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY OR LOSS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTENT PROVIDED ON THIS SITE.
THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ANY OF ITS FUNCTIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT ANY PART OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING BLOGS OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SITE AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, OR BY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, MALWARE, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. EACH USER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER THIRD PARTIES, SUBSCRIBERS, MEMBERS OR OTHER USERS OF THE INTERACTIVE AREAS OF THE SITE AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH EACH USER.
WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, OR RELIABILITY OF THIS SITE OR THIRD-PARTY SITES. USE OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE OR THIRD-PARTY SITES IS AT THE USER’S OWN RISK. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE.
The Foundation may provide links to third-party websites for related information solely as a convenience for you. The Foundation does not control these linked websites and makes no guarantees as to their content. The inclusion of any link does not imply the Foundation's endorsement or sanction of the linked website.
Anyone linking to the Silver Century Foundation Site must comply with the Foundation’s Site Linking Requirements (see next section) and all applicable laws.
If you link to the Silver Century Foundation website, your website:
- Should not imply that the Silver Century Foundation is endorsing you or your products
- Should not imply an affiliation between your organization and the Silver Century Foundation without prior written consent of the Foundation
- Should not misrepresent your relationship with the Silver Century Foundation or present false or misleading impressions about the Silver Century Foundation’s activities, publications, programs or services
- Should not contain materials that may be interpreted as distasteful or offensive
Before linking to the Silver Century Foundation website, please contact us at email@example.com.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE, OUR SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, INCLUDING ITS MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES, OR THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE SITE OR RELATED ONLINE SERVICES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE INTERACTIVE AREAS, OR OUT OF THE BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES ON THE SITE, OR WITH ANY OF THE SITE’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
The Foundation makes no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate, available, or legal in any particular location. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
You agree that this Agreement, for all purposes, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey applicable to contracts to be wholly performed therein, and any action based on, relating to, or alleging a breach of this Agreement must be brought in a state or federal court in New Jersey. In addition, both parties agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us and you with respect to the subject matter contained in this agreement and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous agreements, proposals, and communications, written and/or oral. If any provision of this agreement shall be found unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The Silver Century Foundation promotes a positive view of aging. The Foundation challenges entrenched and harmful stereotypes, encourages dialogue between generations, advocates planning for the second half of life, and raises awareness to educate and inspire everyone to live long, healthy, empowered lives.
"It is not by muscle, speed, or physical dexterity that great things are achieved, but by reflection, force of character, and judgment; in these qualities old age is usually not poorer, but is even richer."
Cicero (106-43 BC)